In Youth Centers and at After-School Programs: First Tee Community Program
We believe our values extend beyond the golf course, which is why we launched a program to meet youth where they spend time.
Specifically designed for youth-serving organizations, like the YMCA and the Boys & Girls Club, First Tee’s Community Program gives kids the chance to learn about golf and develop character through fun golf games.
How First Tee Community Program Works
We supply the curriculum, the equipment and the training for youth leaders to deliver the program. Much like our other programs, the First Tee Community Program is designed to introduce kids to golf and core values — respect, courtesy, responsibility, honesty, sportsmanship, confidence, judgment, perseverance, and integrity.
Ready to upgrade your participants experience? It’s easy to get started.
- Contact our Outreach by completing the link above
- We’ll work with you to identify funding opportunities (this can be through community support, a donor, or corporation).
- Once funding is identified, we’ll train your staff.
- After training, the curriculum and equipment is delivered to you.
- Participants start enjoying golf!
We wrote our lesson plans and activity guides with youth development professionals and volunteer leaders in mind. This Community Program is a hole-in-one for any setting.
Our lesson plans introduce youth to golf through activities that resemble sports they may already be familiar with, like baseball, football, bowling, and tennis. Instructors receive an activity guide that includes:
- 18 detailed activity plans
- Information section explaining teaching methods
- Safety and class management procedures
- Instructional cue cards
- Golf terms