Chapter Programs at Golf Courses
REGISTRATIONS FOR ALL PROGRAMS ARE HANDLED BY EACH OF OUR INDEPENDENTLY OPERATED PROGRAM LOCATIONS: PLEASE SEE THEIR WEBSITES FOR DIRECTIONS TO SIGN UP.
First Tee — Greater Sacramento uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 7 to 18 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, First Tee — Greater Sacramento helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
Our program emphasizes core values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Meeting & Greeting
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Using a Goal ladder to achieve goals
- Planning for their future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 7 through 18, youth progress through levels of continuous learning by demonstrating the core values, life and golf skills, as well as passing an assessment. All participants, regardless of age, start at our PLAYer level and progress at their own pace.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
Ask us about golferships for those in need of financial assistance. At First Tee — Greater Sacramento we pride ourselves in working with families so that No child is ever turned away due to the inability to pay the registration fees.
The Power of Relationships
“I consider my coaches at First Tee to be some of the most important mentors I had growing up.” –alumnus
First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.